Move Out Procedures
Steps to Follow When Preparing to Move Out
Make sure you have given proper notice that you are moving, as per the provisions of your lease. Remember, your lease gives us the right to show your property to prospective tenants once notice is given. Arrangements to show the property will be made through your Property Manager. Please contact him/her with any questions or concerns.As soon as possible, please provide us with your forwarding address.Notify us of your exact move out date and turn your keys in immediately upon move out so that we may conduct an inspection.If moving out in cold weather, please set the thermostat no lower than 60 degrees and notify us of the date utilities will be disconnected so that we may have them reconnected to prevent freezing of pipes.
Please remember that a certain amount of cleaning is expected of you when you move out. It is our goal to refund 100% of your security deposit if possible. Your property should be in the same condition upon move out as it was when you moved in, normal wear and tear excepted.
The entire property should be cleaned upon move out, including but not limited to:
- All floors and walls
- Kitchen cabinets and appliances, inside and outside
- Kitchen sink and countertops
- Bathroom fixtures (bathtub, shower, sink, toilet), cabinets, countertops
- Ceiling fans & light fixtures
- Windows, window sills and blinds
- All light fixtures should have working bulbs
- All smoke detectors should be in working order
- Fireplace should be clean of ashes, wood and debris
- All trash, debris and personal items should be removed from the entire property including garage/carport and yard
- Yard should be freshly mowed, cleaned of any leaves, branches, debris
- Flower beds should be cleaned of any leaves or debris
- All walkways, patios and driveways should be swept clean; driveway and garage/carport should be free of any oil or fluid stains
All keys, garage door openers and parking permits must be turned in upon vacating the property. The property is considered to still be in your possession until these items are received by the management company and you will be responsible for daily pro-rata rent charges until all items are turned in.
Provided we have a forwarding address, by Texas Property Code we have 30 days from the day your lease expires and/or your keys are returned (whichever is later) to return your security deposit and/or explanation of any deductions.